The moments of greatest change can also be the moments of greatest opportunity. We experience change in four phases. The first is panic. Then we adapt. Then we find a new normal. And then, finally, we reach the phase we could not have imagined in the beginning, the moment when we realize that we wouldn’t go back. In this episode, I talk with the editor-in-chief of Entrepreneur magazine, Jason Feifer, about how to make change happen on your own terms.
Questions I ask Jason Feifer:
- [1:19] What does an editor-in-chief at a magazine actually do?
- [3:23] Your book is essentially about embracing change, and there are four phases. As I was reading I saw panic and adaptation, and that sort of reminded me how that’s exactly what we’ve been doing these last two years — right?
- [6:28] Would you say that when you read and write things you’re always looking to answer the question – “where’s the insight in this?”
- [10:30] You talk about the payoff for change being – you wouldn’t go back. Could you describe that idea and then share what a wouldn’t go back moment for you?
- [13:35] What would you say is one of the greatest benefits of change?
- [19:24] What do you mean by future-proofing your career?
- [23:54] Where can people connect with you, learn more about your work, and grab a copy of your book?
More AboutJason Feifer:
More About The Agency Workshop:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.